Indigenous People Policy
Committed to working with Indigenous communitiesThe State Group Inc is Committed to a future of mutually-beneficial relationships in a true spirit of cooperation and shared responsibility.
We are committed to creating positive relationships based on a foundation of trust and respect. Our efforts will be built to sustain effective relationships that bring social and economic benefits to Indigenous communities and our company while also protecting the environment.
- The State Group Inc. recognizes the inherent and constitutionally protected rights of Indigenous Peoples in Canada and the US;
- The State Group Inc. recognizes the importance of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples in the context of existing Canadian law and the protection of Indigenous Peoples under constitutional obligations in both Canada and the US;
- The State Group Inc. respects and embraces that Indigenous Peoples have traditional indigenous knowledge, values, and beliefs;
- The State Group Inc. supports fair and equal access to training, education, employment, and business opportunities for Indigenous communities in which we operate; and,
- The State Group Inc. encourages awareness of Indigenous cultures and history within its workforce and communities where it operates and is committed to educating staff, employees, and contractors to achieve a better understanding and appreciation of Indigenous People’s history, culture, knowledge, values and beliefs.